Jaipur, Rajasthan’s capital, also known as “Pink City” is one of the topmost tourist attractions of India because of its royal history and mesmerizing architecture. It’s fascinating monuments, colourful markets, gorgeous handloom garments and pretty gardens; everything is going to steal your heart right after the first glance! It does not just attract Indian travellers, but also tourists from every nook and corner of the world. The Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Amber Fort, JantarMantar, Albert Hall Museum, Rambagh Palace, Jal Mahal, Nahargarh Fort etc are places you definitely don’t want to miss once you are there!
Along with being the hub of historical monuments and beauty, Jaipur is also known for its street food. The distinguishing flavour of its street food items will make you fall in love with the city even more. GolGappas, PyaazKachori, Kathi Roll, Mutton tikka, Chaats, Fusion food, whatever your heart and belly wants, you will get the best of it here. A list of places where you get awesome street food in Jaipur are mentioned below:
- PanditPavBhaji: Admit it. We all love PavBhaji. But you are going to miss out on a lot if you don’t try out the PavBhaji specials here! Located opposite to Birla Temple, it is one of the best street food joints in Jaipur.
- Chawla’s PaniPuri: If you love PaniPuri, this should be on the list! Located in Fashion street in Raja Park area, it is known for its unique chat masala and different flavoured water used with the golgappes. I say, give it a go!
- Jal Mahal Ice cream Parlour: Ice creams are a blessing. After a long and tiring day of sightseeing, an ice cream could totally revitalize you. This place serves the best ice creams! It is mostly crowded after 10 pm and on Sundays. The famous ice creams here are Death by Chocolate Sorbets, Strawberry and Paan flavoured ice cream and Manhattan Mania. You will also get a variety of milkshakes here.
- RawatMishtanBhandar: If you love Kachoris, this place is famous for its amazing kachoris in Jaipur. Located opposite to Polo Victory Club Cinema in Station Road, this place has been serving best kachoris since generations now.
- PanditKulfi: Located at the Bhagwan Das road, this place serves the best Kulfis! The uniqueness of it is that the kulfis are dipped in the dollop of Kesar and Rabdi. If you visit this place, do not forget to try the PistaMatkaKulfi!
- Saraoji Mansion Falahaar: If you are looking for a purely vegetarian place, you should visit this one. Although it has many branches in the city, the main one is located in Mirza IsmailRoad.You should definitely try their Sabudana Khichdi, Fruit cream, Gajarhalwa, Falahaarinamkeens amongst many others.
- Statue Circle Coffee: Who doesn’t like coffee? But what if its topped with flavoured ice cream and crumbs of chocolate?! This place is clearly heaven! Located near Aunty’s cafe, this Cold coffee place is well known among Jaipurites.
Jaipur is one of the favourite destinations for tourists; this is one of the reasons why you need to book your hotel early to not miss the accommodation.