You’ve noticed all the cake battles, icing wars, and decorating skirmishes on the cable cooking shows. It appears basic and straightforward to produce your tiered cake for a birthday celebration, child shower, or a wedding, but can any person do it? Certainly, it is possible to. All you need would be the right tools, a little bit of patience, plus a willingness to try, and also you could make a professional-looking cake in a matter of several hours. Here are tips on how to make your three-tiered cake for a party.
The key to a perfect three-tiered cake is three separate cake pans of varying sizes. Regardless of whether you go for round or square pans, aim for 12 inch, 8 inch, and 6-inch pans as the resulting cakes might be ideal to stack. Before you commence baking and assembling, be sure you have all of the right tools. Simply pay a visit to a regional bake retailer or an arts and crafts store for the items you are going to require.
- Cake pans – 12, 8, and 6-inch pans
- Cooking spray
- Waxed paper
- Two cake mixes (you may vary the flavors when you want)
- Several cans of frosting (greater to purchase more)
- Cake decorations of one’s option (from retailer)
- Large flat spatula for icing
- Colored frosting tubes
- Wooden dowels, if necessary, or toothpicks
- Cake plate or substantial piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil
Preheat oven. Mix cake mixes according to directions around the box. Trace the bottom of every pan over a sizable sheet of waxed paper and reduce it to fit the pan. Spray with an ample amount of cooking spray before pouring within the cake batter. Fill your three cake pans with equal amounts of batter and bake according to the directions.
Allow cakes to cool …