Healthy and Delicious: Lamb Cutlets with Spices, Cabbage and Coriander Potatoes
Whether you want to take a break from your day job, your chores or trying to find love online, you can always go for a weekend meal with your family and friends. Speaking of which, nothing works better for a weekend lunch than meat, and lamb is one of the best choices you can make. It’s sweet, juicy, delicious, and goes well with a plethora of other ingredients, which makes it a perfect alternative to Sunday barbecuing.
Today, we’re talking about spicy lamb cutlets with coriander potatoes and a side of cabbage, an easy-to-make meal that is ideal for everyone who cares about their health. Preparing it takes approximately one hour, but we promise you it’s worth the wait. The cutlets are not flaming, but there is certain spiciness in them that will only make you crave more.
With the ingredients listed below, fire up the oven and begin preparing 4 servings of this heavenly lamb dish.
- 8 cutlets of lamb
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 sliced dried chili pepper
- 1 handful of thyme leaves
- 2 pounds of red potatoes
- 2 tbsp of coriander seeds
- 4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1 shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Spray the cutlets with 3 tbsp of olive oil, salt, black pepper, chili, and thyme leaves
- Cut the potatoes in large chunks and put them in a pan with cold, salted water
- After boiling the potatoes in the pan for 8-10 minutes, take them out and let them dry off
- While the potatoes are drying, crush the coriander seeds
- Transfer the dry potatoes into a roasting tray and mash them slightly with your thumb
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, coriander seeds, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and red wine, and roast them for 45 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the shredded cabbage in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Place the lamb on a hot griddle and cook it for 5-8 minutes, according to preference
- After the potatoes and cabbage are done, drain the cabbage, distribute it on plates, and sprinkle it with lemon juice and seasoning
- Finally, serve the spicy cutlets with coriander potatoes and lemony cabbage
Tips: You can try replacing some spices with the ones you like better. Rosemary, basil, and garlic also work well with this dish. On the other hand, the coriander potatoes are very good at complementing other meats, like beef or chicken.
Bottom line, this dish has something for everyone, unless you’re going to have vegans or vegetarians over for lunch. But if that’s not the case then we can freely say that you’re now equipped with one of the best recipes that include lamb.