Mussorie, known as the “Queen of Hills”, is a very pretty hill station located 34 kms from Dehradun. The best time to witness the beauty of MussoorieMussorie is in the months of April, May and June. That is when it is at its most beautiful state, and the climate is pleasant and MussoorieMussorie experiences snowfall, and the hotels here are full of tourists. In the months of August and September, Mussoorie experiences heavy rainfall because of the monsoon season.
All of you must have seen breathtaking pictures of Mussoorie, either on somebody’s instagram or onin other platforms. Now, you finally have planned a trip to Mussoorie, but you don’t know what places you should definitely pay a visit to once you are there. You don’t want to omit anything important and regret later, right?
Here is a list of places you and your friends should definitely go to in Mussoorie:
- The Charleville Book Cafe – This place is a bookstore and a cafe, with good collection of books and great coffee to go with reading. They serve bacon/sausages/ham sandwiches that are mouth watering and filling. They also serve amazing pancakes and are a value for money. They are known for their scrambled eggs and special omelette, so you definitely have got to try them!
- Lake Mist – To spend some quality time chilling, this is the best place to go to. It is one of the most famous and beautiful destinations in Mussoorie. The emerald water is covered by green forest terrains from the sides. It is also less crowded, which is the best part.
- Kempty Falls – Kempty is a mesmerizing waterfallwater fall, falling from a height of 40 feet to the ground. As you can imagine already, the sight is captivating! It is also a picnic spot for many, so if you are going with friends or family, this can be your picnic spot too. You can also go for a swim while you are at it.
- Little Llama Cafe – This is one of the most famous cafes in Mussoorie. It offers a variety to choose from the menu. Its cosy atmosphere along with its assortment of quick bites and continental food options, it’s a food paradise! It has a rooftop setting that provides a mesmerizing view of the hills.
- Gun Hill – It is the second highest point in the entire MussoorieMussorie, standing at an altitude of 2024 meters. Gun Hill is said to be an extinct volcano. It does not just provide a mesmerizing view of the snow clad Himalayan ranges and a full view of Mussoorie, but it has a smell and a feel that cannot be described in words. You can also enjoy a ropeway cable car trip there that costs just 75 INR!
- The Mall – If you want to take a walk or go shopping, this is the place you need to check out. You will find everything, from shopping stores to cinema halls and restaurants in Mall Road. You can get souvenirs for your loved ones from here.